I don’t usually plan to post two blogs in one day, but I feel today is a day that everyone, no matter how much or little influence they have, should use their voice to speak up on the injustice of George Floyd and his family.
Today is Blackout Tuesday, according to News 4 Jax;
“Tuesday, June 2, is Blackout Tuesday, a day promoted by activists to observe, mourn and bring about policy change in the wake of the death of George Floyd. This movement has spread on social media, where organizations, brands and individuals are posting solemn messages featuring stark black backgrounds”New 4 Jax
Everyone should participate, no matter their skin color or political beliefs. We should be united on issues like racism and police brutality, so if you haven’t already or unsure how-to, here are five articles and resources on how to get involved.
- Gabi In the City: Evolving Beyond Performative Activism: 10 Ways To Confront Systemic Oppression
- Her Campus: How College Students Are Demanding Justice Right Now and What You Can Do to Join Them
- TimeOut :How to support Black Lives Matter, wherever you are
- Refinery29: Find & Support Black-Owned Businesses With These Apps & Websites
- Official George Floyd Memorial Fund